We all consume bananas, some of us just eat them, others make smoothies, there are milions of combinations that can be made with bananas. Do you know that one person eats approximately 27 Pounds of bananas per year ? Below you will find out the health benefits and then the most amazing facts about Bananas.
The impressive nutritional content of bananas consists or includes vitamins like vitamin C, vitamin B6, riboflavin, folate, pantothenic acid, and niacin, as well as trace amounts of other vitamins. Bananas also contain minerals like phosphorus, calcium, manganese, magnesium, and copper.
- Improve the digestion– since they’re rich in dietary fiber, bananas fight off indigestion and constipation by regulating bowel movements.
- Control the blood sugar levels-bananas regulate the blood sugar levels, which is great for people who suffer from diabetes.
- Prevent calcium deficiency– bananas prevent loss of calcium in the body and thus better the mineral absorption and strengthen the teeth and bones.
- Better the brain function-since they’re rich in potassium, bananas better the cognitive and reasoning ability.
- Prevent kidney cancer-by encouraging calcium absorption in the body, bananas can prevent the formation of kidney stones and kidney cancer.
- Fight off anemia-they have a high amount of iron that betters the quality of the blood.
- Boost the energy– when consumed regularly, bananas increase the energy levels. In fact, before a workout, eating a banana or two will provide you with enough stamina for the entire session.
- Protect from heart attack and stroke- bananas lower the risk as they’re rich in potassium and low in sodium.
- Treat depression-bananas have tryptophan which transforms into serotonin in the body. Serotonin is a brain neurotransmitter which controls the mood.
Be mindful about your kids eating a banana before bedtime, because the fruit is particularly sticky and the sugars can adhere to the teeth, increasing the risk of cavities. As always, make sure young children brush their teeth before bedtime.